Resolution: Not a bug
Affects Version/s: 3.1.13
Fix Version/s: None
Testing my plug in for an upcoming release, but when I tried to install it, or an older version of the plug-in to my moodle 3.1 test instance by dragging a zip in "Install Plugins" it appears to be instead doing the following.
- The plug-in upgrades succesfully.
- Creating a folder in the blocks folder with the same name as the zip containing the plug-in
- Renaming the first plug-in in the directory to the name of the plug-in I am trying to install (e.g. first install attempt it removed activity_modules, the second time it moved activity_resources)
I'll attach a screenshot of the output from installing through zip on my Moodle 3.1, this does not repro on 3.2, 3.4, or 3.5.
The plug in works fine after manually installing, I am really just curious what could cause this issue during the "install by zip" work flow.
I was wondering if anyone knew why this could be happening, or where in the Moodle core code I could look myself to try and pin this down. I think it has less to do with the plug-in or Moodle 3.1, and more to do with something wrong on my Moodle 3.1 instance.
On the Moodle 3.1 instance I used to install the plug-in manually all the time using rsync, trying to avoid that now but I had to as a work-around for this issue. I checked permissions and they matched the permissions on my Moodle 3.4 instance where this does not reproduce.