If you switch the language of your Moodle page (have more than one language pack installed) then some dashboard elements don't change along.
They seem to stick with the browser language. If you change the preferred browser language, those elements will differ from that no matter what Moodle language is chosen.
You can verify this on https://qa.moodle.net.
Steps to replicate:
- Open your browser's settings and set the preferred website language to something != English (in our example: German). The browser's preferred language is now german.
- Go to https://qa.moodle.net.
- Login as teacher.
- Make sure that your selected Moodle language is english. You expect all UI elements to be in english now.
- Have a look at the course overview block.
- Open the three-dot context menu of any course.
- The context menu items are listed in English
That apparently concerns mustache templates called from within mustache templates e.g.
called by blocks/myoverview/templates/view-summary.mustache.