Defining new user profile field there are several options:
- Is this field required? YES/NO
- Is this field locked? YES/NO
- Should the data be unique? YES/NO
- Display on signup page? YES/NO
- Who is this field visible to? NOT VISIBLE/VISIBLE TO USER/VISIBLE TO EVERYONE
If you set visibility to Not visible (for private data only viewable by administrators), field is not visible on signup page even if visibility on it is on YES.
I think that this is a bug. Administrators may want to ask user for some data on signup page, but not display them in user profile if user can not change them (e.g. identification number). This data are still visible for administrators.
If you think that this is not a bug maybe force Display on signup page? NO in the new user profile field form.
- ADMIN: Add new user profile field: Site administration -> Users -> Accounts -> User profile fields; required options:
- Display on signup page? YES
- Who is this field visible to? Not visible
- ADMIN: Turn on E-mail based self registration on Site administration Plugins Authentication Manage authentication
- LOG OUT: At the front page click Log in -> Create new account
- Profile field at signup page is not visible
- ADMIN: Site administration -> Users -> Accounts -> User profile fields
- CHANGE: Who is this field visible to? Visible to user/Visible to everyone
- LOG OUT: At the front page click Log in
- Profile field at signup page is visible