Defining new user profile field there are several options:
- Is this field required? YES/NO
- Is this field locked? YES/NO
- Should the data be unique? YES/NO
- Display on signup page? YES/NO
- Who is this field visible to? NOT VISIBLE/VISIBLE TO USER/VISIBLE TO EVERYONE
It seems that user profile fields uniqueness does not work when users are imported from a file (tested with current users data update, not creating new one). There are even no any warning about this.
What do you think about this behavior? This is a bug or not in your opinion?
- Make sure that you have at least two users on your Moodle site.
- ADMIN: Add new user profile field: Site administration -> Users -> Accounts -> User profile fields; required options:
- Should the data be unique? YES
- ADMIN: Site administration -> Users -> Accounts -> Bulk user actions
- Selected user list... Add all
- With selected users... Download -> Go -> Download
- Type the same value for at least two user for user profile field defined in 2.
- ADMIN: Select changed file with users on Site administration -> Users -> Accounts -> Upload users
- Upload type: Update existing users only
- Existing user details: Override with file
- User profile fields values for at least 2 users will be duplicated