Affects Version/s: 3.6.3
Component/s: Dashboard (My home)
The recently accessed items block does not check whether a course exists before attempting to load items from it.
The result is that loading a dashboard containing that block, where a user's recently accessed items include any from a deleted course, will result in an error being thrown to the user, and the entire list of recently accessed items not loading.
- Log in as admin.
- Create a test course that you will delete later in the test. Note the ID of the course. Create or have at least one other course (that will not be deleted).
- Create or interact with some activity (eg forum) on both courses.
- Navigate to the Dashboard. Add the recently accessed items block if it does not already exist.
- CONFIRM the two activities from step 3 exist in the recently accessed items block.
- Delete one of the courses.
- Return to the Dashboard.
- CONFIRM you now receive an error. If you have dev debugging enabled, the error will reference the course ID noted in step 2 above.
- CONFIRM no items load in the recently accessed items block (whether the course exists or not).