Status: Development in progress
Affects Version/s: 3.4.8
Fix Version/s: None
There is a bug where a letter grade is not calculated correctly due to floating point division. (floating point division by reciprocal multiplication).
- Create a course with a total of 331 points.
- Assign a student points totaling 297.9.
- Make sure the grade scales is set to A- for a 90% or above.
- The 'real' grade value shows 90%, however the letter grade is B+.
- It appears PHP is calculating this similar to Pyhon.
- This should be .90.
- 297.9 / 331 equals exactly 90%.
There are a number of tracker issues open related to rounding decisions. However ,this case seems to be a legitimate bug related to floating point division rather than a choice of rounding vs. truncating calculated values.