Affects Version/s: 3.7
Fix Version/s: 3.7
Component/s: Unit tests
Pull from Repository:
Pull Master Branch:
Pull Master Diff URL:
Right now we are running phpunit 6.5.x (
MDL-61678). It's time to bump to newer version.
Candidates are, right now: (source link):
- 7.x : supports php 7.1, 7.2 and 7.3. Reasonable changes required. Fully supported till Feb 2020.
- 8.x: supports php 7.2, 7.3 and 7.4. Huge changes required. Fully supported till Feb 2021.
Because of a better alignment with Moodle 3.7 PHP supported versions (see ongoing work @
MDL-63420) and changes being reasonable, this issue is about to upgrade to phpunit 7.5.
- Upgrade composer to the target phpunit version (link to procedure).
- Fullfill phpunit API required changes.
- Fix other incompatibilities detected.
- Verify that the new code is passing against ALL php supported versions.
- Verify that behat continues passing without problem
- Consider creating the next "Upgrade phpunit to X.Y.z" issue to evaluate its impact.
- Send the issue to peer-review, yay!
TODO (after rolled upstream):
- Create a new section like this @ the development Moodle Docs, explaining the main differences and linking to complete information.