- Create a select missing words question
- Add < as one of the choices
WHAT YOU EXPECTED
- Expected < to display as option from select field
WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENS
- Empty choice is displayed
- Choose... is not displayed
It looks like in the qtype_gapselect_renderer on line 60, format_string is being used to format the select options, however this function specifies that it is not for html. If a user is adding the less than symbol < as a choice, it breaks the output of the select field. It looks like format_text should be used here instead.