- Login as an admin and verified that the "Teacher" role doe NOT have the capbility "Edit another student's submission" (mod/assign:editothersubmission).
- Login as a teacher.
- Create an assignment in your course.
- Login as a student and submit a paper to the assignment activity.
- Login as a teacher and view the submission table.
- Go the row of the student that submitted the paper.
- Go to the "Edit" column. # Click on the "Edit", and verify that you do NOT have the option "Remove submission" in the selected menu.
- Mark the relevant student row using the checkbox at its beginning.
- Click the "With Selected..." dropdown that is located under the submission table.
- From the dropdown, choose "Remove submission".
- Click on the "Go" button that is located on the side of the dropdown.
The submission should be removed, and if the user (teacher) doesn't have the required capability, a proper message should be displayed.
The submission is not removed, and instead the user is presented with a page that displays the text "error/nopermission" and link to the following page: https://docs.moodle.org/37/en/error/moodle/nopermission
which does not exist yet.
If the user does NOT have the mod/assign:editothersubmission capability, expectedly he's not presented with the "Remove submission" problem in the "Edit" menu, but unexpectedly he can still choose it from the "With Selected..." dropdown. It seems like a bug, but maybe I'm missing something.