Resolution: Not a bug
Affects Version/s: 3.7
Fix Version/s: None
- Login as an admin and set the capability "category:viewcourselist" to "Not set" for all the roles.
- Enable the guest access enrolment plugin.
- Choose a course and enable guest access to it via the "Enrolment methods" screen in the course administration area.
- Verify in the course settings that the course is visible.
- Login as a non-admin user which is not enrolled in the relevant course.
- Try to access the course
The course can't be accessed and a message says that the course is not open for students.
The course should be open to non-enrolled users, since guest access is active.
The capability category:viewcourselist affects the guest access to a course, even it should not, in my opinion. Sorry for the lame metaphor, but the fact that I don't want someone to see the entire route to a place, doesn't mean that I wouldn't want to give him the option to get there blindfolded
We don't want our users (student and teachers) to see regular courses that they are not enrolled in, but we still want to let them access support courses that are supposed to be open for all the users in the system.