If PDFs with a notes or comment layer are uploaded as a submission to an assignment, the notes and/or comments are not shown in the annotation editor.
So if e.g. exercise sheets are offered as PDFs to be filled out on a tablet with a pen, all solutions will not be displayed to the teacher.
- Teacher: Create an Assigment
- Teacher: Set the feedback type to Annotate PDF
- Student: Submit a PDF with notes and/or comments (desktop) or with something handwritten (pen/tablet).
- Teacher: In the assignment, click "view all submissions" and open the grading editor with the grade button.
- Teacher: After the PDF is generated, no comments, notes or handwritten inputs are shown.
Example Files attached.