I have a course with several active badges (on course level), which have been awarded to several users on activity completion.
When I create a backup of this course and restore it as a new course, all the badges are there but they appear as "Not available to users", so each one has to be manually enabled. When the badges are enabled they are awarded to the same users as in the original course.
Steps to replicate:
- Create a course with badges enabled.
- Create different badges using each of the different criteria available.
- Complete activities in the course as different students to earn the badges available.
- Backup the course with badges enabled.
- Restore the course to a new course with badges enabled.
- Verify that the badges have been restored and are unavailable.
- Activate each of the badges and verify that the badges are awarded to the same students as in the previous course.
Would be good to have a setting to restore badges enabled in the new course.