Affects Version/s: 3.7, 3.8
Fix Version/s: None
Affected Branches:MOODLE_37_STABLE, MOODLE_38_STABLE
- Allow guest access to a course with the forums.
- Log in as a user that's not enrolled in the course
- Go to the forum
- You'll notice that the user can star/unstar discussions
- Go to the search form
- The "Search starred discussions only" checkbox is not being shown.
I'm not sure whether unenrolled users accessing the course via guest access should be able to star/unstar discussions, so we might need to look into this and make the behaviours consistent. So we either
- hide the star/unstar feature when viewing as an authenticated user; or
- allow the authenticated, but not enrolled user to search starred discussions only as well