- This is an mua project proposal that will be or has been submitted for possible mua funding. Any existing tracker items that this might duplicate should be linked to below.
Provide an access rule and secure layout for the assignment activity
- Project size: medium
- Audience: universities, colleges
- Target users: teachers, students
Many teachers choose the assignment activity over a quiz with an qtype_essay question because the assignment activity offers substantially more elaborate assessment (rubrics) and feedback (in-line mark-up) possibilities. In some scenarios it would be helpful to let teachers assess students with the assignment activity in a more controlled exam environment. Especially in applied linguistics (e.g. translation exam) and social sciences (e.g. elaborate reflection) the possibility to activate an access rule and secure layout for exam-like assignments would facilitate the use for summative assessments.
- As a teacher, I should be able to set an access rule for assignment activities to be opened only within Safe Exam Browser.
- As a teacher, I should be able to set whether assignment activities should be opened in standard or secure layout.
- As a student, I should only be able to view the assignment in the secure layout limiting access to messaging and other courses.
- As a student, I should only be able to view the assignment description when accessing through Safe Exam Browser.
- As a student, I should only be able to submit an assignment when accessing through Safe Exam Browser.
The assignment activity should support secure layout and an access rule similiar to the quiz activity.
Similar trackers were made for other kinds of restrictions of the assignment:
- IP / Subnet /Require network address for Assignments similar to a working issue in quiz
- Restrict access once an activity has been started
- "Require Password" option for all assignment and resource types