Affects Version/s: 3.5.6
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Activity completion
After creating a course with only a single activity (in my case, a single page, but other activities likely have the same issue) and enabling manual self-completion of both the course and activity, the self-completion checkbox is never available.
This is likely because trying to view the course immediately shows the page, which does not have the self-completion checkbox.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a new course
- Course format: Single activity format
- Type of activity: Page
- Enable completion tracking: Yes
- Under Course completion:
- Completion requirements: Course is complete when ALL conditions are met
- Manual self completion: Enable
- Create a new page
- Activity completion: Students can manually mark the activity as completed
- View the course as a student - the page is displayed and there's no way to complete the activity or course
I've also edited the settings of the course itself and added the Self completion block that includes a "Complete course..." link. This block only appears when editing the course; it won't appear when a student is viewing the course.
Note that I'm running Moodle 3.5.3 (Build 20181112), even though the "Affects Version/s" field doesn't have that version. The closest one would be 3.5.6.