- Standard text - without formatting - on the [[link]], links correct to the content page.
- Formatting a part of the text/ the text only, the "link" part of the [[link]] results in the direct link to the edit page of the content page - even though there was content for the page already added.
- Bolding the entire "[[link]]", links correct to the content page.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. On a wiki home page, link to a new page by typing [[New Page]]. Click save.
2. View the wiki home page, the "New Page" link appears in red italics. Click the "New Page" link to navigate to the new page.
3. The "New Page" opens in edit mode. Enter content on "New Page" and click save. Navigate back to the home page.
4. The "New Page" link is formatted as a normal hyperlink (color is dependent on Moodle theme, but typically it's green or blue). If you click on the link to "New Page" it will take you directly to view the content (This is the normal behavior).
5. Edit the home page, and make the link to "New Page" bold. Click save.
6. The "New Page" link appears in red italics as though it were a new link. Click the "New Page" link. The "New Page" will open in edit mode.
7. If you remove the bold formatting from the Home page, the link behaves as normal.
This bug was already reported in 2014 (
MDL-44073), but closed a few months later, because of no feedback of the reporter.