Hi, our lectures and super user noticed a thing.
The notifications upon submissions (when activated) in assignment, quiz and feedback do not trigger the same way.
When assignment goes and checks
and sends notification to those,
quiz and feedback go and check
and sends notification to those.
That's a difference which isn't good.
The background is that a division of ours gives course category wise "Trainer invisible" roles to all 50 lecturers.
Never having received any assignment submission notification of courses they're not directly enrolled in they now complain receiving a feedback completion notification of "one of not my courses".
Does this report make any sense?
It would be cool to amend this and I dare to label this even as a Bug.
- Create three users and create a course category.
- Create a course in that category.
- Enrol a user as editingteacher in that course.
- Enrol the second user as student in that course.
- Create an assignment activity and set "Notify graders about submissions" to "yes" (under Notifications").
- Create a feedback activity and set "Enable notification of submissions" to "yes" (under "Question and submission settings").
- As admin, under "Site Administration" → Users → Permissions → Manage roles, for non-editing teacher check the "Category" checkbox under "Context types where this role may be assigned" and save.
- As admin or manager, go to that category and do "Assign roles" and assign the Non-editing teacher tole to the remaining user.
- As student, go to that course and submit a assignment submission and respond to the feedback.
WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENS:
The enrolled editing teacher receives both notifications. The category wise non-editing teacher receives the feedback notification but not the assignment notification.
WHAT YOU EXPECTED:
The enrolled editing teacher receives both notifications. The category wise non-editing teacher all activities should behave the same.