Affects Version/s: 3.7.1
Fix Version/s: None
In Moodle forums, users are being sent back to the top of discussion thread after posting.
STEPS TO REPLICATE
1. Create a forum activity (standard forum for general use used in testing but seems to happen in all types)
2. Add a discussion to the forum
3. Click on the newly created discussion link to view discussion.
4. Click on “reply” under first discussion post
5. Click on the “advanced” option under the reply text box to be taken to advanced editor reply page.
6. Type a reply into the message box and then click on “post to forum”
(The more posts there are in the discussion the easier this issue is to see. You may want to create several posts to the discussion).
After clicking “post to forum”, the URL displays the address to the current discussion and post, however the user is not redirected to the newly created post, instead the user is taken to the top of the discussion list
After clicking on “post to forum”, users should be redirected to the newly created post as the URL address shows, and not to the top of the discussion page.
ADDITIONAL INVESTIGATION NOTES
This looks to also be happening in 3.6.3.
Was able to test on 3.5.3 and it seems to work correctly here. After saving a new post, users are redirected back to the discussion thread with the new post showing.
Looks to affect both Boost and Classic themes.
In longer discussions this is causing user to have to scroll back down through each of the posts to view the post that was just added.