- Create a new, empty course with default settings (leave group mode off)
- Enrol a user as a non-editing teacher. Make sure they don't have other/higher assignments
- Log in as that user
- Run the Participation report
It doesn't work. Above message is generated.
There are really two problems...
- The report tries to generate a group select menu regardless of the group status of the course
- The API function - groups_allgroups_course_menu - relies on the capability moodle/site:accessallgroups to return a functionless 'All participants' string when there are no groups. The non-editing teacher role doesn not have this capability and the function returns an empty string. This, in turn, causes the error message.