When I make an assignment submission using an editable PDF filled with data, Moodle stores the original file and I can download it without issues. The problem comes in when I want to grade the assignment. The FPDI plugin strips the text from the PDF and gives me blank PDF without information like the student submitted a blank document.
Copy from the linked issue:
Steps to reproduce the problem:
- Make a course with an activity that accepts submissions in pdf format.
- Enrol the course, set yourself both to Teacher and Student.
- Get a pdf file that's not protected so you can write on it in any pdf viewer (I tried Foxit 9.7.1 and the latest Acrobat DC).
- Type any text on the pdf and save it.
- Upload it as a submission to your activity.
- Go to grading, find your submission, click Points.
- Moodle converts the uploaded pdf into an other file and presents a view. The student-made annotations are missing from the view.
- Still on the Grading page there is a link to the uploaded pdf file. Click on it.
- Your browser downloads the pdf file. Open it in any external pdf viewer. The annotations will be there.