The LTI 1.3 offers a more secure asymmetric integration compared to LTI 1.1 but, as result, makes it sensibly more difficult to configure as data needs to be exchanged both ways.
In addition LTI 2.0 is deprecated and an integration dead-end. However it did provide a mean to autoconfigure LTI tools (paste URL and click add button).
The aim of this ticket is to re-use that UI but change the implementation to rely on the LTI dynamic registration specification drafted by IMS but largely based on OpenID Connect Discovery and Dynamic Registration specifications.
See https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i5Kg1GuKAPktXvA95aMJVd1Hy03_tjhOaUYjRYPlAow/edit?usp=sharing for design doc around this feature.
Flow would resume as this:
- Tool provides registration URL
- Admin pastes the link and click Add Tool
- IFrame is open and set to the URL enriched with:
- discovery url
- Tool does what it needs to do then:
- Calls the discovery url
- Calls the registration url contained in the discovery profile using token
- Moodle creates the new application and returns the generated client_id
- Tool is created Pending
- User clicks Activate to make it available for link creation