a teacher for Chemistry encountered this problem.
If you place your brackets within <sub> or <sup> tags, then the hint for the solution is not readable anymore:
Steps to reproduce
- Login as a teacher and go to one of your course
- Turn editing on
- Add a new quiz activty
- Add a new "Embedded Answers (Cloze)" question
- Set the title to "Atomic magnesium"
- Enable the HTML view for the atto editor for the Question text and enter this question
- Save and preview the question
- Type in some answer (either wrong or right - doesn't matter)
- Submit and finish the preview
- See the result for the hovering text is not readable.
This is because the tags reduce the font size and the line height of the feedbackspan.