Affects Version/s: 3.7.2, 3.8.1, 3.8.2, 3.9, 3.10
Please test this in themes Boost and Classic
Please test this in themes Boost and Classic Login as admin Create 10 test users Got to each user's profile page and send the user a message Open the message drawer Click the "see all" link at the bottom of the message drawer Open the Private messages section Click on a conversation Reduce your browser size to about 1200px X 700px Verify the left column with conversations is scrollable Verify the message box in the right column is in view
- Login as admin
- Create 10 test users
- Got to each user's profile page and send the user a message
- Open the message drawer
- Click the "see all" link at the bottom of the message drawer
- Open the Private messages section
- Click on a conversation
- Reduce your browser size to about 1200px X 700px
- Verify the left column with conversations is scrollable
- Verify the message box in the right column is in view
Affected Branches:MOODLE_310_STABLE, MOODLE_37_STABLE, MOODLE_38_STABLE, MOODLE_39_STABLE
Fixed Branches:MOODLE_38_STABLE, MOODLE_39_STABLE
Pull from Repository:
Pull 3.8 Branch:
Pull 3.8 Diff URL:
Pull 3.9 Branch:
Pull 3.9 Diff URL:
Pull Master Branch:
Pull Master Diff URL:
The Message reply box is not fixed on the page and instead appears at the bottom of the user's message list.
This is problematic if one of these message categories(Starred, Group, or Private) is expanded and there are quite a few messages as the reply box can be hidden underneath the message list
STEPS TO REPLICATE
1. Login as an administrator - it is not necessary to be an admin, but it's easier to set up the test
2. Under Site administration> Users >Browse list of users, select a user by clicking on their profile name
3. From the user profile page, select 'Message'
4. Send a message to the user
5. After message is sent, click the ellipses/three dots and select 'Star conversation'
6. Repeat steps 2-5 until at least 10 messages have been sent to different users and starred
(You may need more than 10 messages depending on screen size)
7. Click on your personal user profile in the top right-hand corner and select 'Messages'
8. You should now see a menu under the search field with the following messaging 'categories':
'Starred', 'Group' , and 'Private'
9. Expand the 'Starred' category and select one of the user's messages
Note: You should see the message box jump to the bottom of the list now with a scroll bar added
10. Send more messages to that user by adding text until the text is longer than the expanded 'Star' category list
Observe that a new scroll bar is added once the message becomes longer than the expanded 'category'.
If you collapse the 'Starred' category, you will see that the message box jumps back into view and the 'category' scroll bar disappears.
Message reply box appears at the bottom the user's message list, requiring the user to scroll down past all of their message to see the reply box,
Message reply box should appear fixed below the individual message, not below the message list.
Here is a video of the problem: https://www.screencast.com/t/UsjtNIAtDuJ5