Incorrect number count of unread conversations shown next to message popover icon
STEPS TO REPLICATE
This test requires 10 user accounts, student1, student2 etc who are all enrolled in the same course.
- Log in as student1, open the messaging drawer and send student2 several messages.
- log in as student3, then as student4, then as student5 etc and sent several messages to student 2.
- Log in then as student2 and verify that '10' is displayed on the messages icon to indicate 10 unread conversations.
- Open the messaging drawer as student 2 and start reading the unread sent messages.
- Start monitoring the unread messages icon.
- See that this number shows an incorrect count while the user read the unread messages and reset the page.
Here it is a video explaining the issue: The issue presents itself around the 1:25 minute mark.
It is observed that the icon number that shows the unread messages has an incorrect count while the user read the unread messages and reset the page.
It is expected that the icon of the unread messages, counts in a correct way dpending of the real unread messages that the user has on the message window.
Moodle version 3.6.5, 3.7.3
ADDITIONAL INVESTIGATION NOTES
It is a core bug. it happens in all graphic themes.
Here it is a video showing the issue.