Resolution: Not a bug
Affects Version/s: 3.7.4
Fix Version/s: None
I am trying to add an external tool under the Site Home > Main Menu block. The steps I followed are:
1. Log in as an admin
2. Go to Site Home and turn editing on
3. Go to Main Menu block and click Add an activity or resource
4. Choose the desired external tool
5. Turn editing off
6. Log in as any normal user, teacher or student
7. External tools do not show up but other content like pages do
8. Add second external tool to test but none show up
9. Add new page and they do indeed show up
I'm going crazy trying to figure out why this is not working. I've looked through every permission I can find and everything viewing related is set to allow.
EDIT: External tools DO show up if I change my role but NOT if I log out and log back in as a non-admin user. Yes I have tried caches, incog, different machines.
Not sure if images can be uploaded here but I added 3 to Google Drive:
Image 1 is adding the tools with editing on
Image 2 is editing off
Image 3 is how it show up for non-admin users
Thanks in advance! They were hoping to do a training on this tomorrow but for some reason it's just not showing up.