Our students filled out pdf files with their information and uploaded them. When I go to grading, all their annotations are missing from the view. If I open the pdf uploaded by the students, I can see their info both in Foxit Reader, Acrobat Reader and Acrobat DC.
Steps to reproduce the problem:
- Make a course with an activity that accepts submissions in pdf format.
- Enrol the course, set yourself both to Teacher and Student.
- Get a pdf file that's not protected so you can write on it in any pdf viewer (I tried Foxit 9.7.1 and the latest Acrobat DC).
- Type any text on the pdf and save it.
- Upload it as a submission to your activity.
- Go to grading, find your submission, click Points.
- Moodle converts the uploaded pdf into an other file and presents a view. The student-made annotations are missing from the view.
- Still on the Grading page there is a link to the uploaded pdf file. Click on it.
- Your browser downloads the pdf file. Open it in any external pdf viewer. The annotations will be there.