Affects Version/s: 3.7.5, 3.8.2
Fix Version/s: None
Affected Branches:MOODLE_37_STABLE, MOODLE_38_STABLE
When hiding a category, the categories/courses underneath are hidden recursively (expected). However, trying to make a nested subcategory (underneath the aforementioned category) visible will only make that particular subcategory visible i.e. all associated categories/courses underneath it will remain hidden.
This becomes a problem when an admin (or other role with permission to manage courses) hides a higher up category and then wants to selectively make just a few categories/courses visible underneath that. There is no way to make specific categories (and their nested courses) underneath the higher category visible again besides manually clicking the eye next to every single one.
STEPS TO REPLICATE
- Create a new category called 'Category A'
- Create new subcategory underneath called 'Category B'
- In Category B, create a new course called 'Course 1' (click save and return)
- In the Manage courses page, click '+' to expand Category A and Category B
- Click the eye next to Category B to hide all courses underneath it - Course 1 is hidden
- Click the eye next to Category A to hide all categories underneath it - Course 1 is still hidden
- Click the eye next to Category B to unhide all courses underneath it - Course 1 is still hidden
- Click the eye next to Category A to unhide all categories/courses underneath it - Course 1 is still hidden
After hiding Category A (and therefore all categories underneath it), Category B is made visible but the course underneath it, Course 1, remains hidden.
When making Category B visible after hiding Category A, Course 1 should also be visible