3.5.12, 3.6.10, 3.7.6, 3.8.3, 3.9, 4.0.5, 4.1
Team Hedgehog Sprint 1.1, Team Hedgehog Sprint 1.2
This was suppose to be fixed in
MDL-63263 but the testing did not include how it interacts with the "General restore defaults" options. It only tested working with "General backup defaults"
The recycle bin currently uses the General restore defaults. "Include users" is unchecked in the General restore defaults. An item is deleted from a course and goes to the course recycle bin. When restored, the user expects the course item to be restored along with any associated submissions/user data.
STEPS TO REPLICATE
1. Login to the site and go to Admin tools > Recycle bin. Ensure that course recycle bin is enabled.
2. Go to the General restore defaults page, then uncheck "Include users" and save changes
3. Create a quiz or assignment
4. As a student, submit an assignment or a quiz submission
5. As an admin or teacher, delete the quiz or assignment
6. Run SITEURL/admin/cron.php to expedite the deleted item showing up in the Recycle Bin
7. Access course recycle bin and restore the deleted item
8. View item restored in course and notice that no submission exists.
Restored item does not have user data/submissions
Any restored item from the recycle bin should have user data/submissions