Affects Version/s: 3.9
Fix Version/s: None
Originally reported in Link with special characters break in 3.9.
The Display Emoticons As Images filter applies to attributes of HTML elements in labels (and presumably other activities and resources). So if you have a link and the URL contains an emoticon sequence this gets converted – i.e. broken – on display.
Prior to Moodle 3.9 this filter was disabled by default (
Steps to reproduce issue:
- Create a course with a label resource.
- Label settings:
- Label text: "A link test".
- Highlight the word "link" and click the Link toolbar button.
- In Enter a URL: "https://www.example.com/8-otest.html" and click Create link.
- Click Save and return to course.
The label text 'A link test' is displayed and the word 'link' is a link to https://www.example.com/8-otest.html.
What actually happens:
The label text 'A test.html">link test' is displayed and 'test.html">link' is a link to https://www.example.com/%3Cimg%20class=.