Please add a browser check functionnality, to ensure end user uses compatible software.
If the browser (and OS) used is NOT compatible with the site :
- it would display a message to the user to let him know what's used is NOT compatible
- it could make recommandations of other software to use with same OS
- it could make recommandation to upgrade OS is it's really too old (and no compatible browser exists)
- it could (perhaps) indicate what will NOT work
- it could block access
The aim is to ensure user will have a good experience with Moodle. That could not be the case if software used is not appropriate.
A plugin doing this sort of thing existed (but old and never updated) : https://moodle.org/plugins/local_compatability_test
The whole system, and different checks should be (de)activable by admin.
This could be integrated with a simple compatibility check, and extended later to add more checks, recommandations...
- has a non-specific relationship to
MDL-53275 Display warning to users if JS is not enabled