Noticed this when triaging
MDL-69791. Basically, the atto html is visible on the grader report when in ajax quick feedback mode.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a course.
- Enrol yourself.
- Add an assignment activity.
- Grade one of the students, making a short feedback comment via the grading interface.
- Go to the gradebook.
- Go to Setup / Preferences: Grader report.
- Set "Show quick feedback" to Yes.
- Set "Enable AJAX" to Yes.
- Go back to gradebook (grader report).
- Click Turn editing on button.
- Notice the "<p dir=ltr..." text in the feedback area.
FWIW, If you give that element focus, then reload the page, the HTML is encoded properly.