Affects Version/s: 3.9.2
Fix Version/s: None
It looks like tags with two words, or tags with "space" characters are not correctly searched/displayed in the search result:
- Moodle: 3.9.2+ (Build: 20201013)
- Database: MySQL 5.7.31
- Theme: Classic
Steps to replicate:
- Create a course.
- Turn editing on.
- Add a Forum activity.
- Go to the Forum activity.
- Click "Add a new discussion topic" and click the "Advanced" link.
- USe the values:
- Subject: This is a new topic
- Message: This is the content part.
- Expand the Tags settings header.
- On the "Enter tags textbox", type (and press enter):
- The tag should now be displayed as "x singleWordOnly"
- Still on the "Enter tags textbox", type (and press enter): Two Words
- The tag should now be saved and displayed as "x Two Words"
- Click the "Post to forum" button.
- After step 12, you will be redirected to the discussion list page.
- Click on the "Search forums" button on the upper-right hand of the page.
- Scroll down at the bottom of the page and in the "Is tagged with" section - Enter tags... textbox, type (and press enter): singleWordOnly
- Click the "Search forums" button.
Result: The results will be displayed. This is correct.
- Go back to the Forum activity, click on the "Search forums" button again.
- Scroll down at the bottom of the page and in the "Is tagged with" section - Enter tags... textbox, type (and press enter): Two Words
Result: The page just refreshed, and displays "Search results No posts"
I have tested searching tags with "space" character as well here.
- Go to: Navigation / Site pages / Tags
- On the Search tags text box, type (and press enter): Two Words
Result: Two Words link to the forum is displayed. Tags with "space" is searched/displayed correctly.