Affects Version/s: 3.8.6, 3.10
Fix Version/s: None
Affected Branches:MOODLE_310_STABLE, MOODLE_38_STABLE
In the Whole forum grading section of a forum settings page, there is a Yes/No drop-down setting for Default setting for "Notify students". This setting value always reverts to "No" upon saving the forum.
I would expect that changing this drop-down value to "Yes", then saving the forum, would result in the default checkbox for notifying students in the grading form to be "Yes". Checking the grade_forum_notify value in the database would should a saved value of 1.
When this drop-down is set to "Yes" and the forum is saved, the default for the checkbox to notify studets in the grading form is still "No". Returning to the Edit settings page for the forum will show that the setting is still set as "No", even though I saved it as "Yes". Checking the grade_forum_notify value in the database shows a saved value of 0.
- Create or open a forum
- Open Edit settings
- Scroll to Whole forum grading tab
- Set a grade type (same behavior with point or scale)
- Change the Default setting for "Notify students" to "Yes"
- Save and display the forum
- Return to the Edit settings page for the forum
- Scroll back to Whole forum grading tab
- You will see the Default setting for "Notify students" shows as "No"
Please let me know if more information would be helpful, thanks!