The Quiz and Question in Moodle 4.0 project aims to improve behaviour and structure around questions and the question bank and probably some more.
If you want extra detail about the development status the github issue for the project is here: https://github.com/catalyst/moodle-MDL-70329/projects/1
Some (but not all) of the goals of this project are:
- Convert Moodle question activities into first class activities (modules), to enable easier sharing and provide greater flexibility to question banks
- Making question bank functionality extensible via plugins
- Making it easier for other activities to leverage question bank functionality
- Adding extra functionality to the core question bank, such as better filtering functionality and add comments
- Adding ”versioning” support to questions in Moodle
- Bug fixes and improvements
Epic Issue Integration order:
There is a specific order to the integration of the issues in this epic. As there are dependencies and refactoring we need to take into account. We want to be able to make changes without breaking anything while we are in an "in progress" state.
Therefore, to help keep things more clear, the following is the order in each issue in this tracker that needs to be integrated.
The following can be integrated in any order:
MDL-71642Add qbank_comment to core MDL-72075Add qbank_statistics MDL-71636Add column sort order to core MDL-72076Question bank bulk actions UI
- MDL-72397 qbank_managecategories UI enhancement
We can then integrate the following:
MDL-71696Implement question versioning
After these are integrated, one of these can be integrated in any order:
To help with alignment for Moodle 4.0 UX changes, please find the link below that shows the planned Quiz activity navigation prototype:
Moodle 4.1 and Next Steps
The following epic has been created for ongoing changes that will land in Moodle 4.1: