Resolution: Not a bug
Affects Version/s: 3.9.3
Fix Version/s: None
An error message is displayed when user who is a member of a group attempts to Post to a Forum "All participants" when group mode is set to Visible groups.
Moodle - 3.9.3+ (Build: 20210108)
Forum - 2020061501
- Create a course.
- Enrol four (4) student users.
- Create two (2) groups and add members
- groupA - user1
- groupB - user2, user3, user4
- Turn editing on.
- Add a Forum activity and set Group mode to Visible groups.
- Log in as user1, go to the course and visit the Forum activity.
- In the "Visible groups" drop-down control, select "All participants".
RESULT: The following message is displayed: You are not able to create a discussion because you are not a member of any group.