In the gradebook, if we first hide the grade from student (using hide toggle) and after use the 'hidden until' function in settings, the grade stays hidden for student even after the selected time has elapsed but for teacher it works as expected and is unhidden.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create assignment and go to gradebook as a teacher/admin.
- Use hide toggle to hide the assignment as teacher
- Log in as student and check user report (assignment is hidden) : correct
- Once teacher finish grading, teacher select a 'hidden until' time and date in settings.
- After the time has passed, assignment is still hidden and student does not see the grade. But for teacher it is unhidden. : incorrect
If we hide and show again using the toggle then student sees it.
This only happens if we use 'hide' toggle first then use 'hidden until' after. If we use hidden until directly, it does not happen.