Here some issues found in quiz navigation block:
- The questions links should be presented in a list so that screen reader users are aware of the number of links and can navigate through them more easily. In addition, a test can be divided into sections, which then assumes several lists of links.
- Solution: add <ul><li> to facilitate navigation for screen reader
- When a link references a question on the current page or a flagged question, that information is transmitted with offscreen text read in all screen readers. However, questions that are saved or have incomplete answers are indicated with the hyperlink's "title" attribute, which is not read in JAWS and NVDA.
- Solution: Remove the title attribute and all information on the status of a question should be present in the offscreen text of the hyperlink. For example, the wording of a link to question 1 might read: "Question 1: On this page, answer incomplete. "And the information following the number would be taken off-screen.
- The word "question" is offscreen, users of voice commands (motor limitations) are prevented from being able to correctly activate the hyperlink by dictating the first words of it.
- Solution: Make the word question visible so we have "Question 1" visible instead of "1" visible