When a multiple choice question gets modified while there are already given submissions, the answers might get offset depending on whether options were deleted or added and therefore end up being wrong.
- A warning should be shown that answers might get offset and therefore end up wrong
- The offset for given answers should be also modified accordingly to ensure correct mapping after adding/deleting options
- Editing of questions should not be allowed when answering has started and editing would falsify given answers
Steps to reproduce:
- Create feedback form
- Add multiple choice question with at least 3 options, e. g.
- Option A
- Option B
- Option C
- Submit feedback with Option B selected
- Observe that submission has submitted Option B in multiple choice question
- Delete Answer B from multiple choice question
- Observe that the same submission from step 3 now has seemingly submitted Option C in multiple choice question
Note that the issue also works in the other direction when an option gets added.
Might be related to MDL-17729.