Uploaded image for project: 'Moodle'
  1. Moodle
  2. MDL-72025

Memory error during 3.11 upgrade - user_profile_social_update_module_availability()

    XMLWordPrintable

    Details

    • Affected Branches:
      MOODLE_311_STABLE, MOODLE_400_STABLE
    • Fixed Branches:
      MOODLE_311_STABLE
    • Pull 3.11 Branch:
      MDL-72025-m311
    • Pull Master Branch:
      MDL-72025-master
    • Testing Instructions:
      Hide

      It probably isn't feasible to recreate the actual memory error while testing, so here are testing instructions to confirm the upgrade step still works after the change:

      1. Install Moodle 3.10.x.
      2. Create a course.
      3. Add an activity module. Using the 'Restrict access' section of the settings form, add a 'User profile field' condition on the 'ICQ' field being 'frog',
      4. Upgrade your site to Moodle 3.11+ (including this change).
      5. Look at the activity module and verify that it still has a user profile field condition on the ICQ field being 'frog'.

      For a 'real' test, I tested on our system that had this problem before the change (~650k course_modules entries of which ~50k actually have an availability set) and it ran through the upgrade step quickly (1.5 seconds).

      Show
      It probably isn't feasible to recreate the actual memory error while testing, so here are testing instructions to confirm the upgrade step still works after the change: Install Moodle 3.10.x. Create a course. Add an activity module. Using the 'Restrict access' section of the settings form, add a 'User profile field' condition on the 'ICQ' field being 'frog', Upgrade your site to Moodle 3.11+ (including this change). Look at the activity module and verify that it still has a user profile field condition on the ICQ field being 'frog'. For a 'real' test, I tested on our system that had this problem before the change (~650k course_modules entries of which ~50k actually have an availability set) and it ran through the upgrade step quickly (1.5 seconds).

      Description

      We are testing an upgrade to Moodle 3.11 and we're getting a memory exhausted error in user_profile_social_update_module_availability().

      We can increase the memory limits but I think this can easily be fixed in the code.

       

        Attachments

          Issue Links

            Activity

              People

              Assignee:
              quen Sam Marshall
              Reporter:
              jsegarra Juan Segarra Montesinos
              Peer reviewer:
              Katie Ransom Katie Ransom
              Integrator:
              Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)
              Tester:
              Gladys Basiana Gladys Basiana
              Participants:
              Component watchers:
              Amaia Anabitarte, Carlos Escobedo, Ferran Recio, Ilya Tregubov, Sara Arjona (@sarjona)
              Votes:
              4 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              14 Start watching this issue

                Dates

                Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved:
                Fix Release Date:
                13/Sep/21

                  Time Tracking

                  Estimated:
                  Original Estimate - Not Specified
                  Not Specified
                  Remaining:
                  Remaining Estimate - 0 minutes
                  0m
                  Logged:
                  Time Spent - 2 hours, 50 minutes
                  2h 50m