Type: New Feature
Status: Development in progress
Affects Version/s: 4.0
Fix Version/s: Must fix for 4.0
Pull from Repository:
Pull Master Branch:MDL-72112-master
Pull Master Diff URL:
As an admin
I want to load administration presets
So I can easily switch between different configurations
This issue is about adapting this third-plugin for getting it integrated into Moodle LMS.
- The block should be converted from a block to an admin tool.
- A link "Site admin presets" (pointing to 3rd-party plugin main page) should be displayed in the Site administration.
- The admin tool should follow the Moodle coding style and policy rules. For instance, these are some of the things to review:
- Some classes should have a proper namespace (for instance, the ones in the lib folder). They should also probably be moved to the classes folder.
- The “Auto exclude sensitive settings” setting should be checked by default.
- The tool_admin_presets setting should be reviewed to confirm it includes all the sensitive settings that have been added recently.
- Presets should also include plugins visibility, let admins export/preview/load the list of plugins and their visibility.
- Moodle LMS should include, by default, 2 different flavours in the Admin presets tool: one for "Lite" and another for "Full" --> preinstalled_adminpresets.png:
- "Lite" will disable most of the settings and plugins in order to make it easier for users to find the most common features.
- "Full" will include settings and plugins configuration after installing a vanilla Moodle.
- For new sites, we should consider defaulting to the 'simplified' Moodle configuration. We will need some sort of notification for admins (could even be a simple msg) to let them know this and that they can 'unlock' the full feature set (with link to setting).
- The <PLUGINS> element will be added to the XML file following this format:
- The following tables should be added to store the plugins data: