I'm not shure if it is a bug in Moodle (maybe it could also be a wrong setting in Microsoft Azure endpoint settings): we are testing the Moodle-repository "Microsoft OneDrive" and we found out that linked files from OneDrive will not be updated in Moodle if they are edited/changed in OneDrive. We are using Moodle 3.9.9, repository "Microsoft OneDrive" in Moodle and authentication via OpenID Connect-Plugin (part of Microsoft 365 Plugin set: https://moodle.org/plugins/browse.php?list=set&id=72).
We didn't do some tests in newer Moodle versions (eg. 3.10/3.11), only in 3.9.9+
Note: you have to do some complicated and extensive set up with Azure AD and Moodle - I will not go into details ...
thanks & br, Anton
a. Setup Moodle and Azure AD
- Configure Microsoft 365 for authentication (see: https://docs.moodle.org/39/en/Microsoft_365)
- Ask your Azure-AD-Administrator to create a system account in Azure (eg. sysaccountmoodle)
- Synchronise system account to Moodle
- Ask your Azure-AD-Administrator to create an endpoint (https://docs.moodle.org/39/en/OAuth_2_Microsoft_service)
b.) Setup oAuth 2-services and OneDrive in Moodle
- Login as Moodle Admin in Moodle
- Go to Site-administration / Server / OAuth 2 services
- Create a new Microsoft Service and put in endpoint settings: Client ID, Secret, .... save
- Ask your Azure-AD-Administrator to connect with system account (eg. sysaccountmoodle)
- Go to Site-administration / plugins /repositories / Manage repositories
- Set "Microsoft OneDrive" to "enable and visible" and click "settings"
- Change "Supported files" and "Default return type" to "External (only links stored in Moodle)"
c.) Managing OneDrive-Files
- Login in Onedrive as Azure-AD-user (eg. "janedoe")
- Create a file (eg. example.docx) in OneDrive and insert some text
- Login as user in Moodle (user must be an Azure-AD-user, eg. "janedoe")
- Go to a course (eg. "My Course")
- Press "Turn editing on", "add an activity or resource" and select "File"
- Put in a name (eg. "Example") and select a file via file picker from Microsoft OneDrive (eg. "example.doxc") and save
- Open the file "Example" in Moodle - you will see the text in the document
- Login in Onedrive as user (eg. "janedoe")
- Edit the file "example.docx" and do some changes (put in some additional text, ...), close the file (make shure that changes will be saved)
- Go to go to the Moodle-course (eg. "My Course")
- Open the File (eg. "Example") - , just the text from the original file