Design Sprint 5
The initial version of the admin_presets tool had a tree for displaying the settings to let admins select the settings to be exported or applied. Jordan from Pimenko has done a great job rewriting this tree to stop using YUI and, although the new version is functional, it still needs a few changes:
- If you click the chevron, the "checkbox" is selected/unselected. To expand/collapse the tree, you need to click in a different place which is not intuitive.
- The way current settings are highlighted hasn't enough contrast and doesn't follow Moodle styling.
- It is not accessible. For instance, it's really hard to navigate using the keyboard.
- Unit tests are required to cover the new web service method.
- Some behat tests must be created.
Apart from the previous points, the new version of the admin_presets tool also supports plugins, so a similar tree should be displayed for them too. So this tree might be created as a component library too: https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Component_library
That's why it has been decided to work on this feature for adding the tree for settings and plugins in a separate issue.
Adding a couple of requirements copied from
- JS files are using YUI so they should be updated to use ES6. This tree should be accessible (the current implementation is not).
- A new section, “Modules”, should be added to the form to let admins export/preview/load the list of plugins and their visibility. Admins should be able to choose the plugins they want to import/export plugins visibility (the similar as they can do right now with "Admin presets" settings) --> modules_adminpresets_form.png