This feature will allow Moodle to handle scorm.zip files in any external repository pretty easily.
1) Allow the filename field for SCORM to accept http:// addresses.
2) When the file is external (http) then download that file locally
3) Unpack it as usual and process/use the manifest as usual
(this may link to local files in the zip or external files in the repo etc)
1) Add a menu to the definition page with options:
Update this package every time it's used
Update this package every day
Update this package whenever it changes (relies on http headers)
2) When being used, logic should check file stamps and/or http headers to
determine whether the download/unpacking step should be repeated.