i'm trying to install 4.0 from https://download.moodle.org/releases/development/ into my xamp installation.
Installation breaks after the page where I can select database, database user and database pwd. After that I get the the "error reading from database" error.
Moodle database is created, config file too.
I'm on windows 10 64 bits. I've latest xamp version (uninstalled / reinstalled), but before I had the same error with older xampp versions. I've got same problem with other brothers.
Logs says :
Table "context" does not exist
Error code: ddltablenotexist
Stack trace: * line 665 of \lib\dml\moodle_database.php: dml_exception thrown
- line 1621 of \lib\dml\moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->where_clause()
- line 7050 of \lib\accesslib.php: call to moodle_database->get_record()
- line 322 of \lib\outputrequirementslib.php: call to context_course::instance()
- line 172 of \lib\outputrenderers.php: call to renderer_base->get_mustache()
- line 34 of \theme\boost\layout\maintenance.php: call to renderer_base->render_from_template()
- line 1421 of \lib\outputrenderers.php: call to include()
- line 1351 of \lib\outputrenderers.php: call to core_renderer->render_page_layout()
- line 500 of \lib\outputrenderers.php: call to core_renderer->header()
- line 49 of \admin\renderer.php: call to plugin_renderer_base->__call()
- line 224 of \admin\index.php: call to core_admin_renderer->install_licence_page()
I've tested with another computer (windows 10 64 bits). fresh xampp install, latest package from moodle and installation was fine.