- Create a course with no groups
- Put it into a groupmode of "Visible groups"
- Enrol some students in the course
- Log in as one of the students and view the course
- Navigate to the participants page
- Confirm that you see all participants
- Confirm that there is only an empty participant filter
When logged in as a Student, (plus Non-grading Teacher, Teacher or other non-Manager/site-level? roles), a newly created class with zero duration (start date == end date) and visible groups, (plus security and role visibility settings set to allow students to see other participants)
...the Participation filters are "automatically" set to
Set Any Select
Set Any Select
... but NOT Applied, leading to an empty set and "0 participants found"
Clicking the Apply filters button reveals the participants.
View upon page refresh:
View after Applied filters button is clicked:
HOW TO REPRODUCE THIS BEHAVIOR:
As an administrator or manager
- From the site administration Course and category management page click Create new course (any category should do).
- After naming the course (full and short) set
Course end date identical to the Course start date
Groups > Group mode to Visible groups
- Click Save and display
- Navigate to the Participants page and enroll any student.
- From the upper right "account" control select Switch role to...
- Select Student role
- When the Participants page is rendered the anomolous filters appear and 0 participants are found.
- Click the Apply filters button to reveal 1 paricipant, the student you enrolled.
Demonstrated on Moodle 3.10.8 (Build: 20211108) in Chrome desktop browser Version 96.0.4664.45 on Windows 10.