Resolution: Cannot Reproduce
When adding a video or audio resource to any activity/resource via the 'Insert or edit an audio/visual file' ATTO function, if you delete or wholly replace the title of the uploaded content during playback of this content, it duplicates the content — one with the original title and the other without a title — and said duplication holds upon final save.
STEPS TO REPLICATE:
- Login to any 3.11.2 - 3.11.4 site and enter a course with a role containing requisite editing permissions (i.e Editing Teacher or higher)
- Click on 'Add an activity or resource'
- Pick a Label, Page, Assignment etc. activity/resource (doesn't matter which so long as ATTO can be used to edit any field in the initial configuration)
- Using any description/content field the ATTO editor is available for, click 'Insert or edit an audio/visual file'
- Click the 'Video' or 'Audio' tab, upload video/audio of your choice (way to upload does not matter)
- In the Insert Media popup, under 'Display Options', enter any title in the 'Enter Title' field
- Click 'Insert Media'
- Play the inserted video (ensuring the 'Insert an audio/video file' is indented/greyed out)1
- While the video is playing, click on the Insert an audio/video file' button
- Delete the title or highlight and replace it fully2
- Observe the video/audio is now duplicated
- Using the HTML editor, observe the duplication and observe that the first file has the original title and the second is either –- if deleted -- without a title or -- if replaced -- has the amended title
- Scroll to the bottom of whatever you were editing and save
- Observe the duplication has held and saved two copies of the inserted media
Observed: The video/audio duplicates, holds upon save and one copy has the old title and the other a blank title.
Expected: Video/audio title should only be updated, not duplicated
1: The video must be playing when attempting to follow these steps otherwise this issue cannot be replicated
2: In Step 10, what is meant by replace is highlight, remove, replace as opposed to changing the title without removing all of it (i.e if I called the file 'TEST' to begin with, but modified per the steps that title to "TEST1234" without removing the TEST portion of that title, it will not duplicate the content)