This project aims to modernize Moodle's gradebook interface and make its usage more intuitive.
The proposed changes for 4.1 will be generally centered around improving the gradebook experience for teachers and students.
There are two main goals:
- make it easier and more intuitive for teachers to view and manage the existing course grades.
- make it easier and more intuitive for students to view their grades.
The key tasks related to the teacher persona are:
- New "Grades summary" page which provides a summary of the grade averages for each course activity.
- Improved "User report" report with a more modern design and make it easier to use.
- Improved "Single view report" report with a more modern design and make it easier to use.
- Improve and modernize the user interface of the "Import" and "Export" grades pages
- Revamp the styling of the tertiary navigation in the gradebook.
The key tasks related to the student persona will be added soon.
There are some out-of-scope goals for teachers that may be aimed in the future releases, including:
- Improved "Grader report" with a more modern design and make it easier to use.
- Revamp the "Gradebook setup" page styling with a more modern design and make it easier to use.
- Improved search and filter functionality in the grades report pages.
- Extend the information that is provided in the "Grades summary" page.
- Introduce drag-and-drop reordering of rows and columns in the gradebook reports.
- Build a new structure and functionality similar to the "course index" in the "Gradebook setup" page to create a better visual representation of the grade categories and items and make it easier to manage them.
- Introduce overlays instead of physical pages to display certain content or forms in the gradebook.