Note: We have not been able to replicate this issue in a sandbox but have been able to confirm in a high-volume (> 900k) instance, though the volume of course enrollments is small (<20).
Steps to reproduce
- Create a quiz, configured with the "highest" grade" grading method and multiple attempts
- Configure completion to include "require passing grade"
- Create another activity that follows the quiz; for this activity, configure access restriction to be based on a) completion of the quiz and b) passing grade on the quiz
- Log in as a student, submit the quiz and receive a failing grade; retake the quiz and receive a passing grade
- As the student, I can access the next activity after submitting my second quiz attempt and receiving a passing grade
- As the student, I cannot access the next activity even though I have passed and completed the quiz; I can only access if the "require passing grade" restriction is removed from the other activity.