In Moodle 4.0, 4.1:
- Log in to a course as teacher, here for instance, https://qa.moodledemo.net/course/view.php?id=2
- Scroll down to the last section, "Workshops"
- Click "Edit mode" toggle to turn editing On
- Page reloads but jumps back to the top of the page
- Scroll back down to Workshops
- Click on "Limericks" workshop
- Click the "Back" arrow in your browser to go back to the course page and you are put back at the top of the page
What users say they expect:
- turning Editing mode On, and clicking "Back" arrow should both return to the section of the page most recently viewed, not to the top of the course page
Thanks for considering! We hear very often that Moodle is too scrolly.