Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: Major
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 1.8
    • Fix Version/s: 1.8
    • Component/s: MNet
    • Labels:
      None
    • Environment:
      moodle network
    • Affected Branches:
      MOODLE_18_STABLE
    • Fixed Branches:
      MOODLE_18_STABLE

      Description

      Please allow an encoding other than ISO-8859-1 for Moodle Network xmlrpc responses.
      A flexible system would be nice (the request could specify the encoding of the response?), but even having a single configuration option, that would set the encoding for all responses, would be helpful.

      Motivation:
      I'd like to provide utf8 encoded xml responses for external (non-Moodle) consumers.

        Gliffy Diagrams

          Attachments

            Activity

            Hide
            dougiamas Martin Dougiamas added a comment -

            yes indeed, restricting to ISO-8859-1 is a bit limited in this day and age. Is this an easy fix, Donal?

            Show
            dougiamas Martin Dougiamas added a comment - yes indeed, restricting to ISO-8859-1 is a bit limited in this day and age. Is this an easy fix, Donal?
            Hide
            donal@catalyst.net.nz Donal McMullan added a comment -

            It would be trivial to set the default encoding to be UTF-8.
            I think this would be an improvement on what we have now.
            Would that be adequate?

            Show
            donal@catalyst.net.nz Donal McMullan added a comment - It would be trivial to set the default encoding to be UTF-8. I think this would be an improvement on what we have now. Would that be adequate?
            Hide
            donal@catalyst.net.nz Donal McMullan added a comment -

            I have patches ready to rock, if you guys are ok with all-UTF-8, all the time.
            Just let me know.

            Thanks

            D

            Show
            donal@catalyst.net.nz Donal McMullan added a comment - I have patches ready to rock, if you guys are ok with all-UTF-8, all the time. Just let me know. Thanks D
            Hide
            brianking Brian King added a comment -

            All-UTF-8 is fine for me. And just about everything that processes XML can handle UTF-8.

            Show
            brianking Brian King added a comment - All-UTF-8 is fine for me. And just about everything that processes XML can handle UTF-8.
            Hide
            dougiamas Martin Dougiamas added a comment -

            Yes, great Donal, can you please check this into 1.8 and HEAD? (asap :-P)

            Show
            dougiamas Martin Dougiamas added a comment - Yes, great Donal, can you please check this into 1.8 and HEAD? (asap :-P)
            Hide
            donal@catalyst.net.nz Donal McMullan added a comment -

            >> (asap :-P)

            How does 2 days ago sound?

            Forgot to update the tracker... the updates are in HEAD and 18_STABLE.

            Show
            donal@catalyst.net.nz Donal McMullan added a comment - >> (asap :-P) How does 2 days ago sound? Forgot to update the tracker... the updates are in HEAD and 18_STABLE.
            Hide
            donal@catalyst.net.nz Donal McMullan added a comment -

            Should be resolved - details of the commit:

            Tue Feb 20 02:06:59 2007 UTC (2 days, 23 hours ago) by donal72
            Branch: MAIN
            CVS Tags: HEAD
            Changes since 1.9: +1 -1 lines

            MNet goes from ISO8859-1 -> UTF-8; #MDL-8514 MDL-8514

            Show
            donal@catalyst.net.nz Donal McMullan added a comment - Should be resolved - details of the commit: Tue Feb 20 02:06:59 2007 UTC (2 days, 23 hours ago) by donal72 Branch: MAIN CVS Tags: HEAD Changes since 1.9: +1 -1 lines MNet goes from ISO8859-1 -> UTF-8; # MDL-8514 MDL-8514

              People

              • Votes:
                0 Vote for this issue
                Watchers:
                0 Start watching this issue

                Dates

                • Created:
                  Updated:
                  Resolved:
                  Fix Release Date:
                  31/Mar/07